When do applications close?
We take applications through to early September.
Why is it free to do the Mali route?
The Maili leg works like this – you pay £399 per car as you do for the Banjul route, and then when you meet our contact in Mali to prove you have finished there, we refund that sum to you. This is because we want to encourage people to do that drive so we can raise funds for charities in Mali as Gambia has had around £1m from the rally over the years.
How much are ferries (guesstimate /guidance only)?
Plymouth – Santander about £350
Portsmouth – Bilbao about £350
Dover – Calais about £30
Gibraltar to Tangier circa £170
Why a Left Hand drive?
Gambians are only allowed to drive a left hand drive vehicle so these raise more at auction. Right hand drives in Gambia are used for spares or sold
How much money should I take?
B&Bs / campsites say £20 per person per night max.
Other costs: my guess is that all in all you should spend perhaps £1,000 per person excluding buying a car.
How many miles?
Distance is 4,000 miles to Banjul
Once you apply and pay the fee, you will receive the Roadbook which contains advice about visas, but always do your own research, particularly non EU passport holders.
Will more routes be added in future?
YES ! Alway new routes being thought up for mad weeks away.
What do I receive in return for the fee?
- Roadbook: 50 pages covering route, borders,hotels, paperwork requirements, and pretty well everything.
- One paperback issue book by a previous participant.
A WhatsApp group linking all participants so you can keep in touch enroute
- Secret Facebook page for all participants Official PDC car stickers and entry numbers.
- Support in Mauritania Mali and Gambia thanks to our contacts there.
- Advice on flights home with Royal Air Maroc.
- Behind the scenes administration to help smooth passage through borders.
- Behind the scenes international liaison with partners and coordinators that allow this event to take place.
- Web site listing so you can see who is participating (only paid up teams added)
- Inclusion within the formal lists of Participants that are issued to the Officials of the countries en route.
How do I pay?
After completing your form, email it to email@example.com and pay the entry fee to the account below.
- Account Name: Mr D.Clement
- Sort code 07-02-46
- Account number 30139219
For non UK teams you will need to tell your bank the following:
- MR D CLEMENT
- BIC: NAIAGB21
- IBAN: GB93NAIA 0702 4630 1392 19
If the depositing bank requires an address for Nationwide building society , please use the following address: Nationwide building society , Nationwide House , Pipers Way , Swindon , SN38 1NW